Last Updated: September 13, 2022
Additionally, you are solely responsible for complying with all requirements of applicable privacy laws in connection with the information that you obtain for the purposes of communicating with other members on the Site.
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT.
3.1 Information We Collect Directly from You. We collect information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information that you provide when you create an account, build your profile, communicate with other members on the Site, or communicate with us. The types of information that we may collect include identifiers such as your name, username, password, email address, postal address, and phone number; credit card payment information and payment method data, if applicable; demographic information; and any other personal information that you choose to provide or make public, such as photos, interests, and other professional and personal information.
3.2 Information Automatically Collected. When you use the Site, we automatically collect activity-related information, including:
Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Site, including the type of browser that you use; the time, duration, and frequency of your access; Site pages viewed; your IP address; and the page you visited before visiting the Site.
Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device that you use to access the Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION. We and our service providers process information about you where it is in our legitimate interests to do so and not overridden by your rights. We use your information in order to:
- authenticate your identity;
- display your profile;
- personalize, maintain, and optimize the Site for you;
- process your payment information (if applicable);
- communicate with you via email and SMS (text) messaging to provide you with account updates, reminders, and (when in line with the preferences you have shared with us) to provide you with interest-based information and advertising;
- respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service and support;
- monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Site;
- support and enhance our data security measures, including for the purposes of preventing and mitigating the risks of fraud, error, or any illegal or prohibited activity;
- comply with applicable laws and respond to legal requests;
- maintain, improve, and further develop the Site;
- perform contracts with our service providers;
- carry out any other purposes described to you at the time that we collect the information.
If you are in a jurisdiction that requires a specific legal basis for processing personal data, our legal basis for collecting and using the information described in this Policy will depend on the type of information and the specific context in which we collect it but will fall into one or more of the above categories.
5. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION.
5.1 Through the Site. We share some of the information that we collect by displaying it on the Site according to your member profile and account settings. Some information, such as your username, is always public. Some information is public by default but can be hidden. Information that is public on the Site may be visible to others on and off the Site.
5.2 With Our Service Providers. We use service providers in connection with operating and improving the Site to assist with certain business purposes, such as payment processing, email transmission, conducting surveys or contests, data hosting, analyzing Site user data, managing our ads, and some aspects of our technical and customer support. These service providers, which include data analytics providers, may access, process, and store information about you on our behalf for the purposes we authorize, subject to confidentiality obligations.
5.4 Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. If Couples Counseling For Parents is involved in a merger, acquisition, financing, reorganization, bankruptcy, or sale of our assets, information about you may be shared, sold, or transferred as part of that transaction. We may also share information about you with current or future affiliates.
5.5 Other Situations. We may de-identify or aggregate information about you and share it freely, so that you can no longer be identified. Such information is not subject to this Policy. We may also share information about you with your consent or at your direction or where we are legally entitled to do so.
6. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION. We secure your personal information using industry-standard physical, procedural, and technical measures designed to prevent unauthorized or unlawful access, disclosure, or destruction of information. However, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use the Site and provide us with your information at your own risk. If you have reason to believe that your personal information is no longer secure (for example, your Couples Counseling For Parents account password may have been compromised), please immediately email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. STORAGE AND RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION. Couples Counseling For Parents is based in the United States. Information about you will be transferred to, and processed in, the U.S. and countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different from the laws of your country and, in some cases, may not be as protective. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy and that no transfer of your personal information will take place to an organization or a country unless there are adequate controls in place regarding the security of your information.
We will retain your information as long as your account is active, and to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Please note that, except as required by applicable law or our specific agreements with you, we will not be obligated to retain your personal information for any particular period and we are free to securely delete it or restrict access to it for any reason and at any time, with or without notice to you.
8. YOUR RIGHTS TO YOUR INFORMATION. You may at any time request that we update, correct, or delete your personal information by emailing us at email@example.com. Additionally:
- U.S. State Privacy Rights. Certain U.S. states (including, but not limited to, California, Colorado, Illinois, and Virginia) provide their state residents with additional legal rights concerning their personal information. If you are a resident of one of these states and are using the Site, you have the right to: (i) have Couples Counseling For Parents disclose further details on the categories and pieces of personal information that we have collected about you; (ii) have Couples Counseling For Parents disclose information on what personal information we plan on collecting about you before we collect it; (iii) opt out of our marketing and/or analytics activities; (iv) have Couples Counseling For Parents delete any personal information which we have collected about you; (v) ensure that Couples Counseling For Parents does not sell your personal information; and (vi) ensure that Couples Counseling For Parents provides you with equal services without discrimination (Couples Counseling For Parents does not discriminate against any user in providing access to its Services).Please note that we do not alter the Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.If you would like to make a state law-related request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to the request, and that we have 30 days to respond to you.
- Your Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), please see Sections 3 and 4 of this Policy for a list of the legitimate business reasons why we collect and use your personal information. Under the GDPR you have certain additional data protection rights, including the right to: (i) access, update, or delete the information we have collected on you; (ii) have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete; (iii) object to our processing of your personal information; (iv) request that we restrict the processing of your personal information; (v) be provided with a copy of your personal information in a structured, machine-readable, and commonly used (i.e., data-portable) format; (vi) withdraw your consent at any time where Couples Counseling For Parents relied on your consent to process your personal information; and (vii) complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information on how to lodge such a complaint, please contact your local data protection authority in your EEA Member State.If you would like to make a GDPR-related request, please email us at email@example.com. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to the request, and that we have one month to respond to you.
9. CONTACTING US; PRIVACY COMPLAINTS. If you have any questions, concerns, or complaints about this Policy or the way we process your personal information, or if you want to exercise your rights as described above, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org Additionally, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with your state or national data protection enforcement agency.